Undoubtedly and undeniably one of the greatest countries in the world, the United Kingdom is always open to accepting hardworking and brilliant national citizens willing to live, work, or study in the country. Today, I’ll be sharing with you, List of UK companies willing to sponsor tier 2 visa, and this is open to all foreign nationals.
Known as one of the most friendly-immigrant countries, the United Kingdom (UK) welcomes a lot of migrants who come to the UK to seek a better life, and their acceptance rate on an annual basis is insane. In 2019 for instance, the UK welcomed a total of five hundred and ninety-two thousand (592,000) migrants.
However, the number dropped significantly to a total of 263,000 migrants in 2020 due to the pandemic.
Foreign nationals seeking greener pastures are highly welcome and there are thousands of job opportunities available in the UK for them. According to recently published statistics, foreign nationals coming into the UK get work faster than foreigners who are actually born in the country (UK), surprisingly, right?
If you are interested in applying for a UK tier 2 visa, welcome. This article explains what a tier 2 Visa encompasses, why foreign nationals seeking jobs in the UK should apply for it, and also list names of UK companies willing to sponsor tier 2 visas for workers.
I will highly recommend you go through this list of UK tier 2 visa companies and check them out to see if you have the appropriate skillset required by these companies, and the UK government’s requirements for anyone seeking employment opportunities. Including the UK visa fees. We’ve got you covered.
List of UK Companies Willing to Sponsor Tier 2 Visa.
What is UK Tier 2 Visa?
A Tier 2 UK visa refers to a primary immigration package/plan introduced by the United Kingdom immigration office ESPECIALLY for skilled workers who are not from the European Economic Area (EEA) countries or even Switzerland to come and work in the UK. However, only a UK employer approved by the government is capable and legally allowed to offer you a tier 2 visa.
One of the best things about the UK Tier 2 visa is this. Foreign nationals who came into the country through this route can remain in the country for an indefinite period of time because the Tier 2 visa makes provision for the Tier 2 visa holder to migrate to the UK with a spouse, children, or any dependent.
The Tier 2 visa in the UK is point-based and has four categories.
- Tier 2 (General): This particular visa route allows foreign skilled workers to take jobs that can not be filled by a suitably qualified or settled worker living within the UK.
- Tier 2 (Intra-company transfer): This allows employees of a company that has branches in the UK, to transfer to the UK branch. This route is easy and one of the best. However, most companies rarely have branches in the UK, or there are rarely any open positions.
- Tier 2 (Sportsperson): This particular Tier 2 visa is open ONLY for internationally established athletes and coaches, this visa allows a sportsperson to live and continue their sport in the UK.
- Tier 2 (Minister of Religion): This allows religious preachers to be employed in a faith-based organization, like churches, mosques, etc.
To qualify for the Tier 2 (General) visa, a skilled worker is required to meet the following requirements outlined below:
- All applicants must have a confirmed offer of employment by an approved UK employer.
- All applying applicants must have a valid certificate of sponsorship.
- Applicants must score at least, or above 70 points under the point-based.
- Have a genuine job offer that will not displace another suitably qualified worker living in the UK.
- Be offered a job that meets certain skills and salary levels.
- Meet the English proficiency requirement.
- Meet the maintenance level requirement.
One thing you should know about these Companies that are willing to sponsor Tier 2 visas for foreign nationals is this. They are searching for capable and qualified hands to work in/for their businesses/companies/firm, and people with various skill sets are suitable for this immigration route.
The cost of a Tier 2 visa depends on the subcategory of the visa needed and the length of time the applicant plans on staying in the UK.
For instance, a Tier 2 (General) has the following application cost:
- Up to three years cost £610 (or £555 for citizens of Macedonia and Turkey)
- Up to three years for shortage occupation role costs £464 (or £404 for citizens of Macedonia)
- More than three years cost £1,220 (or £1,165 for citizens of Macedonia and Turkey)
- However, applications asking for more than three years of the shortage of occupational roles, this will cost them around £928 (or £873 for citizens of Macedonia and Turkey)
For in-country applications, the fees are as follows:
- £704 for up to three years
- £1,408 for more than three years.
List of UK Companies Willing to Sponsor Foreign Nationals Tier 2 Visa:
- Lewis Grassic Gibbon Center.
- Architect UK Limited.
- Home Accommodation Services Limited.
- Infinity Limited.
- Global Limited.
- Accounting Services Limited, and a host of others.
It is important to mention here, that the UK Tier 2 visa requires all applying applicants to pay an immigration health surcharge per year for every year of leave granted. This will allow the Tier 2 visa holder, access to the NHS in the UK.
Likewise, employers are held responsible by the UK government for the payment of every sponsorship certificate which costs £199. However, citizens of Macedonia, Turkey, and Croatia are freely given this certificate of sponsorship.
Each time an employer from the UK sponsors a non-European Economic Area (EEA) citizen, that employer will have to pay an immigration skill charge as mandated by the UK government.
Although over the years, there have been numerous small or charitable organizations that sponsor skilled workers. Skilled workers must pay £364 for any stated period up to 12 months plus an additional £182 for a subsequent 6 months if they plan to extend their tier 2 visa.
Whereas both medium and large sponsors are required by the UK immigration office to pay as high as £1,000 for any stated period of employment up to 12 months and an additional £500 for an additional 6 months.
As earlier disclosed at the beginning of our discussion, the UK Tier 2 visa is majorly created for skilled workers.
It is not easy for a beginner to understand the requirements and protocols when applying for a Tier 2 visa, prompting the immigration office to advise employers to follow a hands-on approach in helping their employees apply for it until the application is completed and secured.
How Much Does a UK Tier 2 Visa Worker Earn?
Usually, A Tier 2 visa applicant in the UK is supposed to earn a minimum wage of around £30,000 annually.
While also searching for a list of companies in the UK willing to sponsor a Tier visa, make sure to use search giants, Google, or job boards like Indeed and LinkedIn.